Breast cancer treatment can be exhausting and scary, but with the right strategies, you can make life easier.
7 Ways to Make Life Easier With Advanced Breast Cancer Advanced breast cancer treatment can be stressful, but the right strategies can help make your life easier.
1. Find support. You don’t have to do this alone. Ask for help from loved ones, therapists, and support groups.
2. Eat healthy. Fruits, veggies, protein, and lots of water will help your body stay hydrated and build strength.
3. Exercise. When you feel lousy, it’s tempting to stay in bed, but do your best to be as active as you can.
4. Set realistic goals. When your energy is low, acknowledge your small accomplishments and focus on what really matters.
5. Keep a journal. Record questions for your doctor, side effects, mood changes, and other details to stay on top of your treatment.
6. Fight the fog. Brain fog is common wth cancer, so keep a running to-do list, use sticky notes or phone reminders, and find a cognitive therapist to help your brain work better.
7. Put your care in the right hands. The right oncologist can help make advanced breast cancer easier to live with.